Honda NX50M EXPRESS SR 1981 US Forum

Honda NX50M EXPRESS SR 1981 B USA

Honda express automatic Choke

Honda NX50M EXPRESS SR 1981 US Forum

author

Mike

posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 02:19
Subject: Honda express automatic Choke

I am restoring a 1981 Honda Express SR that has been sitting in an Ohio barn for several years. It has 610 miles on it. It is generally in mint condition. I've soaked the carb and flushed all fluids, etc. I had the exhaust muffler soaked in a hot grease removal tank. Got a new battery. All set to go.

I need only one question answered: How does the automatic work? It seems clean and workable...what ever that means.

I have looked all over the web and can not find any info on how it works. It is on a Kiehim carb, and nowhere does Kiehim talk about it.

HELP. Mike in Ohio.

reply to this

Blurp
"MVEMJSUNP all planets upto pluto"
posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:20
Subject: Re: Honda express automatic Choke

I am restoring a 1981 Honda Express SR that has been sitting in an Ohio barn for several years. It has 610 miles on it. It is generally in mint condition. I've soaked the carb and flushed all fluids, etc. I had the exhaust muffler soaked in a hot grease removal tank. Got a new battery. All set to go.

I need only one question answered: How does the automatic work? It seems clean and workable...what ever that means.

I have looked all over the web and can not find any info on how it works. It is on a Kiehim (Keihin) carb, and nowhere does Kiehim talk about it.

HELP. Mike in Ohio.

Hi Mike,

Autochoke should work with a bimetal strip that ups when cold and shorts when warm.. When you start up cold the rpm goes up to get warm, at a certain temp the metal strip shorts the system and it goes down again, nothing to it..

Anyone else got info on this?

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.