Gongon's profile

Lived in UK for 65 years. Career in Transport (Mechanic, Manager, Salesman) Retired to Western Australia with my wife to be with our two daughters and six grandchildren. Brought lathe and other machinery to help with my favourite hobby of rebuilding old bikes. Rode bikes for 50 years, the last 27 off road only (classic pre 65 trials) Not a lot of choice in Western Australia compared to UK. Bike advertised as "genuine classics" way overpriced and, inevitably not what they claim to be (eg "genuine BSA C15 works trials" actually a B40 frame, B25 engine, Suzuki front end - $15,000!) So wished I had brought my 1955 Royal Enfield Bullet and 1957 DOT trials. Bought three Japanese basket cases (total cost $150) and intend to produce a twin shock, 4 stroke, trials bike for classic trials. Favourite bike is Ducati 916 (engineering masterpiece - my first love is engineering) but, by chance, bought a 1987 Honda VF700C Cruiser off Gumtree, not a planned choice but at $1400 a steal. Now I've got into it, I love it! (despite, inevitably, lots of problems (including a damaged frame) but these actually add interest - would hate to have nothing to fix. Finished it and registered 13th July 2022, almost 6 years since I bought it. Great to be riding again although I need to retrain my mind for left foot gearchange, right foot rear brake. All previous bikes have been old British bikes with brake and gears the other way around! Now I've got nothing to do except ride, a bit of an anti climax in a way!
Gongon 
"Above us only sky (John Lennon)" - Age: 76

vehicles

Make
model name
year

customer reviews

Honda Magna Fuel Tap Sunday, January 14, 2024
Tried to make do with a generic tap but it was never succesfull.

Ordered the genuine article, it arrived quickly, now all good. 88182
Honda Super Magna Fork Seal Kit Friday, April 01, 2022
Bought these together with fork bushes as being the only supplier i could find.

Used the service before for difficult parts.

Perhaps a little expensive as the prices are in Euro... 82039
22860MB0770 Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Having found the clutch slave cylinder on my 1987 Super Magna, was badly corroded (bodged with heavy grease by the previous owner) I was considering buying a used one from eBay. Of course,... 79870

link to this page

CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.