Product info

SPG COMPRN COIL

Part #16, spring, carburetor, CM400A

SPG,COMPRN.COIL Forum

author
Kevin Russell

posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 20:24
Subject: Part #16, spring, carburetor, CM400A

I had to remove the left side carburetor due to a problem where fuel was allowed to flow unchecked into the left cylinder after the engine was shut off. While disassembling, part #16 fell on the ground and I have no idea where it came from. The parts list on this site says there are supposed to be 2 of them but I only have 1 and only see 1 in the schematic. Can anyone tell me where this spring is supposed to be located upon reassembly?

reply to this

Edwin Van Der Veen

posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 09:43
Subject: Re: Part #16, spring, carburetor, CM400A

Hi,

Can you also include a link to the parts list , so that we have a better understanding ?

cheers

reply to this

Kevin Russell

posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 15:51
Subject: Re: Re: Part #16, spring, carburetor, CM400A

Hi,

Can you also include a link to the parts list , so that we have a better understanding ?

cheers

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cm400a-hondamatic-1980-usa_model7283/partslist/E++2001.html#results

I even found 3 close up pics of the carburetor assembly on another website and still couldn't see this spring.
Thanks!

reply to this

Edwin Van Der Veen

posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:23
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Part #16, spring, carburetor, CM400A

Hi Kevin,

I can see the spring indeed depicted on the schematic ( between 18 and 10 ).

But the schematic doesn't give clear insight on which parts it's connected ( at least to me ).

Any other takers ?

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.