BUSH  RUBBER

Bush Rubber

BUSH, RUBBER Forum

author

Louie
"Get yourself a HONDA !"
posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 20:41
Subject: Bush Rubber

I'm new to restoring the swing arm and would like to know if anyone can tell me how to remove and re install the "Bush Rubber" and the "Bush, Fork, Pivet" .. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill

reply to this

J. W.

posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 22:52
Subject: Re: Bush Rubber

I'm new to restoring the swing arm and would like to know if anyone can tell me how to remove and re install the "Bush Rubber" and the "Bush, Fork, Pivet" .. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Usually you can push them out using a similarly-sized socket or short section of PVC pipe. I generally use a rubber mallet to tap against the socket. Position the opposite side of the swingarm over some scrap wood or some other non-marring surface that won't damage the swingarm as you tap out the bushings.

Installation can be done similarly, or make an "install tool" using some all-thread rod and large flat washers and hex nuts - you light tap the bushing into the end of the openning, then assemble the all-thread, nuts and washers such that the bushing is pushed into the swingarm as the nuts are tightened.

Hope this makes sense,

-J

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.