Honda TLR200 REFLEX US Forum

Honda TLR200 REFLEX 1986 G USA CALIFORNIA

TLR200 wheel swap

Honda TLR200 REFLEX US Forum

author
Peter Plassmann

posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 17:44
Subject: TLR200 wheel swap

My US spec TLR200 has cheesy steel rims. Do the wheels from any other Hondas bolt-on. Say, perhaps, an XR200? Thanks.

reply to this

Tim Babcock

posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 19:07
Subject: Re: TLR200 wheel swap

I am also looking for replacement rims. I just scored a '86 with only 320 miles! It is near mint, but appears some water remained in the front rim after a ride and corroded a few areas pretty bad near the spoke nipples.

reply to this

Peter Plassmann

posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 23:58
Subject: Re: Re: TLR200 wheel swap

I am also looking for replacement rims. I just scored a '86 with only 320 miles! It is near mint, but appears some water remained in the front rim after a ride and corroded a few areas pretty bad near the spoke nipples.

I found a stock replacement wheel on Ebay. I will disassemble the old one and replace the rim with a used aluminum rim. Spokes are available from B&J racing. Good luck!

reply to this

Mark Jensen

posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 04:47
Subject: Re: TLR200 wheel swap

I have a tlr200 and I bought DID rims on ebay for an old honda xl250. The rims are the same size except the spokes and nipples are a slight bit bigger. Dont want to have a problem if I take my wheels apart and have a problem because the nipple holes are slightly larger than the reflex nipples.

reply to this

Peter Plassmann

posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 13:25
Subject: Re: Re: TLR200 wheel swap

I have a tlr200 and I bought DID rims on ebay for an old honda xl250. The rims are the same size except the spokes and nipples are a slight bit bigger. Dont want to have a problem if I take my wheels apart and have a problem because the nipple holes are slightly larger than the reflex nipples.

I used a YZ250 rim, and yes, the holes are larger. It worked, but there is little room for further tightening. If it had not worked, I was going to put 1/4" washers under the nipples.

reply to this

Mark Jensen

posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 02:08
Subject: Re: Re: Re: TLR200 wheel swap

I also thought about the spokes being a little too long since the DID rims dish in slightly more in the center. I am waiting to hear from B&J Racing about the TLR spokes they carry, and Buchanan wheels said I should send them the hubs and rims for a correct fitting. Nothing can be simple- thanks for the reply!

I used a YZ250 rim, and yes, the holes are larger. It worked, but there is little room for further tightening. If it had not worked, I was going to put 1/4" washers under the nipples.

reply to this

CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.