Suzuki GSF1200 1998 (W) Forum

Suzuki GSF1200 1998 W E02 E04 E18 E22 E25 E34   P37

"flat spot"

Suzuki GSF1200 1998 (W) Forum

author
Rob Anthony

posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 20:10
Subject: "flat spot"

hi folks, i have recently bought a 98 1200 bandit (w). there was a slight flat spot at 3500 revs, feels and sounds like it is becoming lean at this rev range, i had to change the exhaust system, as it was damaged and badly repaired, i have replaced the orings and carb gaskets as one was leaking, checked the coil primary and secondary resistance, all fine. The inlet and outlet manifolds on the carbs are fine and air tight. These repairs have had practically no effect on the original problem!! The bike has 22000 miles on the clock and runs fine up to 3500 revs, then at 4000 revs pulls like a train. I have no access to a dyno test center. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!! rob.

reply to this

Barry Andrews

posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 20:06
Subject: Re: "flat spot"

hi folks, i have recently bought a 98 1200 bandit (w). there was a slight
hi there are you runing ngk plugs if so good ,,,,,, have you hade the tapits dune
and the carbs balansed,,,this will hellp... if your exsorst is not staned chanch your air fillter to a k and n diret replasment . hope this helps bazz

reply to this

Rob Anthony

posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 20:30
Subject: Re: Re: "flat spot"

hi folks, i have recently bought a 98 1200 bandit (w). there was a slight
hi there are you runing ngk plugs if so good ,,,,,, have you hade the tapits dune
and the carbs balansed,,,this will hellp... if your exsorst is not staned chanch your air fillter to a k and n diret replasment . hope this helps bazz
Thanks bazz. Much appreciatted, I havent checked the tappets yet, trying to eliminate the simple stuff first!! Thanks again and i will look into your suggestions....

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.