Honda CD175 Forum

Honda CD175A SLOPER GENERAL EXPORT

Frame Number help

Honda CD175 Forum

author

Bitsbox

posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 16:19
Subject: Frame Number help

Hi to everyone on the forum. This is my first time posting on here, so bare with me. I have recently got a pair of Honda CD175a Sloper frames. Both frames are in the Teal Blue colour (you guys will be able to advise better on exact colour description).

I am guessing they are both 1967 frames as they are the pressed steel 'T' bone type with no addition tubular frame resembling the hybrid '68-69 style again, you can hopefully advise me better on this.

To cut a long story short, both frames have very hard to read frame numbers. I think I am right in saying (and reading the frames) they start : CD175-101xxxx. One frame look like it may be: CD175-1011116 (Is this just wishful thinking with all the 1's?).

Is there anyway to verify this number and if not. Can these frames ever be rebuilt and used on the roads again with an age related plate (remembering this is UK).

Any help welcome!

reply to this

Stephen Coy

posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 17:38
Subject: Re: Frame Number help

Hi to everyone on the forum. This is my first time posting on here, so bare with me. I have recently got a pair of Honda CD175a Sloper frames. Both frames are in the Teal Blue colour (you guys will be able to advise better on exact colour description).

I am guessing they are both 1967 frames as they are the pressed steel 'T' bone type with no addition tubular frame resembling the hybrid '68-69 style again, you can hopefully advise me better on this.

To cut a long story short, both frames have very hard to read frame numbers. I think I am right in saying (and reading the frames) they start : CD175-101xxxx. One frame look like it may be: CD175-1011116 (Is this just wishful thinking with all the 1's?).

Is there anyway to verify this number and if not. Can these frames ever be rebuilt and used on the roads again with an age related plate (remembering this is UK).

Any help welcome!

reply to this

Stephen Coy

posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 17:49
Subject: Re: Re: Frame Number help

Hi
The colour is I believe neptune blue. You will need the frame number which you may need to remove paint from to clearly identify the number

I built my bike from scratch, joined the Honda owner's club who examined the bike and verified the year from the frame number. With an mot, the verification letter and the dvla application forms filled in, and sent to swansea, they issued me with a log book and age related plate

Cheers Steve

Any help welcome!

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.