Honda CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K1 US Forum

Honda CB450K1 1968 USA

Mating Kawasaki 400cc and Honda CB 450K1

Honda CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K1 US Forum

author
Max Peavler

posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 20:48
Subject: Mating Kawasaki 400cc and Honda CB 450K1

Got a 5 Gal Fiberglass Kawasaki 400cc fuel tank that has a 22mm outlet I have adapted down to a 3/8's" outlet. But I need the ability to attach a CB 450 Petcock, or similarity in order to feed the duel carbs, any suggestions?
Rest of the '69 has 35mm Ceriani Front Fork, 1/4 Fairing, Yetman Frame, Koni Rear Shocks, TT Pipes for headers into shorty mufflers, Ported, Pirelli Rubber, Matching Seat with Tank, Viscosity Stacks, etc
Owned it since Feb 69, and the existing petcock situation is a jury rigged operation, and I need something better.

reply to this

James Morgan

posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:21
Subject: Re: Mating Kawasaki 400cc and Honda CB 450K1

Got a 5 Gal Fiberglass Kawasaki 400cc fuel tank that has a 22mm outlet I have adapted down to a 3/8's" outlet. But I need the ability to attach a CB 450 Petcock, or similarity in order to feed the duel carbs, any suggestions?
Rest of the '69 has 35mm Ceriani Front Fork, 1/4 Fairing, Yetman Frame, Koni Rear Shocks, TT Pipes for headers into shorty mufflers, Ported, Pirelli Rubber, Matching Seat with Tank, Viscosity Stacks, etc
Owned it since Feb 69, and the existing petcock situation is a jury rigged operation, and I need something better.

Fit a proper racing fuel tap. Check out Motocicle Veloci in Milan, they have a web site and can reply to English emails. Trying to use an original Honda tap will just end up with leaks. As the tank is glass-fibre you can put on a new spigot to fit the Italian fuel tap.

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.