Honda C102 WORLDWIDE (EXCEPT U.S.A. ) Forum

Honda C102 WORLDWIDE EXCEPT USA

Honda C102 Battery Install

Honda C102 WORLDWIDE (EXCEPT U.S.A. ) Forum

author
Dean Fragnito

posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 22:48
Subject: Honda C102 Battery Install

Hello, I and trying to get a Honda c102 running. It's been sitting for quite some time. I had great times riding it around with my Dad when I was a kid and want to have the same good times with my son.

Well I took the battery out and disconnected everything to it and also disconnected everything going to the Starter Magnetic SW. Of course I did not draw a diagram before disassembly. I have the original owner manual schematic, I see thata cable from the Starter Motor connects to one of the connections on the Starter Magnetic SW, and a wire runs from the positive post of the battery to the other connection on the Starter Magnetic SW.

I a thick black wire, which I assume is a ground wire, connected to the outside of the motor, which I think is suppose to connect to the negative post of the battery(per the schematic)? I am unable to install the battery when I connect the ground to it and if I do manage to get the batter in place I cannot put the cover on. Am I doing something wrong?

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.