Honda VF750C V45 MAGNA 1983 US Forum

Honda VF750C MAGNA 1983 D USA

fix broken crankcase

Honda VF750C V45 MAGNA 1983 US Forum

author
Mark Hansgen

posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 19:59
Subject: fix broken crankcase

My Son bought a v45Magna. It needs a stator. He took the left side cover off to get to it and it appears a 1 inch by 1/2 inch piece broke off the case. Can that be repaired or what will it hurt if it is not. My Harley is not like this at all.

reply to this

Chito
"Live, Love and Ride Yamaha"
posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 09:07
Subject: Re: fix broken crankcase

My Son bought a v45Magna. It needs a stator. He took the left side cover off to get to it and it appears a 1 inch by 1/2 inch piece broke off the case. Can that be repaired or what will it hurt if it is not. My Harley is not like this at all.

if you have a acetaline(sp?) welder you can. Just etch around the broken area build up or weld on the new piece of aluminum. then grind or file to size and shape drill holes in it needed. it works pretty good. I had a oil filter cover fixed that way.

reply to this

Mark Hansgen

posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 23:37
Subject: Re: Re: fix broken crankcase

if you have a acetaline(sp?) welder you can. Just etch around the broken area build up or weld on the new piece of aluminum. then grind or file to size and shape drill holes in it needed. it works pretty good. I had a oil filter cover fixed that way.

Thanks for the info. The broken piece was where the fly wheel is housed and that was exactly how we took care of the problem Worked like a charm

reply to this

Mark Hansgen

posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 23:45
Subject: Re: fix broken crankcase

That was my thanks to the previous responder

reply to this
CMS is an independent supplier of spare parts and has no commercial link with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki.